Physiotherapy is covered by most health funds under “Extras” cover. If you do have “Extras” make sure you bring along your card and you will be able to claim on the spot. Then you only end up paying the gap between what your health fund covers and what is charged. If you are unsure if you have “Extras” please check with your insurer to see if you are covered for physiotherapy.
You do not need a referral from a doctor for most situations – however there are exceptions to this rule, such as injuries covered by workers compensation or the motor vehicle accident scheme, or medicare funded treatment.
Medicare will cover some physiotherapy treatment for some people under the Enhanced Primary Care (EPC) Program. If you are eligible for this your GP will write you a referral and a care plan and you may be able to access physiotherapy services in this manner.
Initial appointments are around 45 minutes and we ask that you arrive 5 minutes early to complete your information form. Follow up sessions are around 25-30 minutes although this may vary with complex treatments or if you are using the gym to perform some exercise based rehabilitation.
Yes. We have a undercover car parking available for clients. Finding it the first time can be a bit tricky!- see the diagram opposite. Although our street address is 90-96 Bourke Rd the car park entry is on the Collins Street side of the building (Google maps location 100 Collins St, Alexandria NSW). Look for the parking signed “Plus Fitness”. We share the driveway entry with COOH Cafe. You can enter the Plus Fitness 24/7 Gym from the car park, just press the doorbell with the “Body Active Physio” card next to it. Then you should hear a “click” and you pull the door to enter. Head up to front front of the gym and have a seat in the waiting area.
We do not have a waiting list and make a point of trying to see you the same day that you call. If you have a serious injury or there is a reason that you need to be seen immediately please notify our reception staff and they will do their best to accommodate this.
Loose comfortable clothing in most cases. Your physiotherapist will need to observe the injured or symptomatic region. We have changing rooms if you want to bring a change of clothes. We also have some shorts that you can borrow if needed. It can be useful to bring your running shoes if you have an injury associated with running as we may want to assess you running on our treadmill or assess the suitability and wear of your running shoes.
If you have relevant X-rays or scans (CT, US or MRI) these may be useful for us to view. If you have a doctor’s referral please bring that with you.
- We accept credit card, debit card and EFTPOS. Please note we don’t hold change so cash payments need to be exact amounts only please. (We don’t accept AMEX)
- If you have private health insurance with “extras” physiotherapy will almost certainly be covered. Just remember to bring your membership chard on the day and we can claim your benefit on the spot via the HiCaps private health fund system. In most cases there will be a gap (difference between what your heath fund will pay and the total cost). You can pay the gap using credit card or EFTPOS. If you do not have private health insurance you just pay for the consult outright.
- Payment must be made on the day.
- We see people every day for treatment of their neck pain, back pain, sports injuries and work related injuries.
- Physiotherapists have University degrees in the assessment and treatment of musculoskeletal injuries. By this we mean any injury or symptoms to any part of your muscular system – such as sprains, strains, muscle or tendon tears. We are also expert in rehabilitation if you have had a fracture or surgery to get back to your normal ability to move and function.
- If you want to speak to one of the Physiotherapists about your injury call 1300 787 254 and ask our receptionist and someone will call you back to discuss.