Defeating Acute Wry Neck: How a Neck Pain Physio Can Be Your Ally
Experiencing sudden and severe neck pain can be painful and debilitating. One common condition that causes this type of discomfort is Acute Wry Neck or Acute Torticollis. So, if you find yourself unable to turn your head without experiencing sharp pain or stiffness, you could be suffering from this condition.
At Active Body Physio, our highly skilled neck pain physio has all the experience needed to alleviate your symptoms and restore your neck’s range of motion. To give you a little more background on this painful condition, let’s delve into the causes of Torticollis, how it affects you, and how a physiotherapist can assist in your recovery.
Understanding Acute Wry Neck
Acute Wry Neck refers to sudden-onset neck pain accompanied by a limited range of motion, often causing your head to tilt to one side. You may also experience muscle stiffness, spasms, difficulty in turning your head, and discomfort while maintaining a neutral head position.
Causes of Torticollis
The most common causes of Torticollis are sudden muscle spasms or contractions in the neck, improper sleeping positions, poor posture, neck injuries, stress, and even viral infections.
How Can a Neck Pain Physio Help?
Our experienced and highly trained neck pain physio offers effective treatment for Acute Wry Neck through a range of therapies and interventions, as follows.
- Manual Therapy Techniques: Joint mobilisations and soft tissue massage to relieve muscle tension and restore proper neck alignment.
- Stretching Exercises: Gentle stretches to improve flexibility and alleviate stiffness in your neck.
- Posture Correction: Guidance on correcting posture and making ergonomic adjustments to prevent strain on your neck.
- Home Exercises: Prescribing specific exercises to be performed at home to enhance the mobility of your neck and strengthen supporting muscles.
- Progress Monitoring: Regular sessions to track progress, make necessary adjustments to your treatment plan, and ensure optimal recovery.
- Education and Prevention: Providing knowledge on self-care techniques, ergonomic practices, and lifestyle modifications to prevent future episodes of Torticollis.
So why not contact our trusted neck pain physio who can fix your wry neck, reduce your pain, restore motion, and promote long-term neck health?
BOOK an appointment with a Body Active neck pain physio today.